Here are two examples of an agenda for your 2nd meeting:
DI’s example can be found in the Roadmap on pg. 26.
Here is my example:
- As a warm up, do one or more “Tiny Tasks” from the Team Challenge book
- Next, do a performance Instant Challenge (IC). Select one from the Roadmap, Team Challenge Book, one of the DI Instant Challenge booklets, or the Rising Stars Challenge booklet.
- Brainstorm and vote your Team Name. (You may not be able to do this in one meeting… that that is okay.)
- Come up with a Team Cheer to go with your team name. Figure out your team’s call-n-response. For example, the appraisers will say “Team [fill in team name], Are you read?” and your team should have a catchy response that is tied to their team name. (Example: The appraisers will say “Hip Hop Honey Bees, are you ready?” and the team could respond with “You better be-be-be-be-believe it!)
- Read a book about treating other kindly (I like the book called “Do Unto Otters” – but there are several books that could work)
- Make your team rules (The kids should create the team rules… but the TM is allowed to add house rules or mandatory rules…. for example, the kids may come up with “listen to each other,” “don’t say anyone’s idea is stupid,” “take turns sharing ideas,” — the TM can add things like “Don’t touch the painting,” “no harassing the dog,” “stay out of the media room,” etc.
- Do an Instant Challenge (Task) – Select one from the Roadmap, Team Challenge Book, one of the DI Instant Challenge booklets, or the Rising Stars Challenge booklet. Make sure you debrief.